Contents of Kit
1. SIV p27 Antibody Coated Microplate for 96 determinations, 1 plate: 12 x 8 well strips.
2. SIV p27 Detector Antibody, 1 vial, lyophilized: Contains biotin-labelled polyclonal antibody to SIV, milk, Tween, normal human serum and PBS.
3. Detector Antibody Diluent, 25 mL: Contains ProClin 300.
4. SIV p27 Antigen Standard, 0.5 mL: Contains detergent-disrupted, heat-inactivated viral antigen, goat serum, TritonX-100 and sodium azide.
5. Lysing Buffer, 5 mL: Triton X-100 in PBS and 2-chloroacetamide.
6. Streptavidin peroxidase, 0.3 mL: Contains streptavidin conjugated to horseradish peroxidase, PBS, goat serum, and 2-chloroacetamide.
7. Assay Diluent, 100 mL: Contains goat serum, PBS, Triton X-100 and 2-chloroacetamide.
8. 10x Plate Wash Buffer, 125 mL: Contains PBS, Tween 20 and 2-chloroacetamide.
9. Substrate, 0.5 mL: Contains tetramethylbenzidine (TMB) and dimethyl sulfoxide.
10. Substrate Buffer, 50 mL: Contains citrate/acetate buffer, hydrogen peroxide and 2-chloroacetamide.
11. Stop Solution, 12 mL: Proprietary formulation.
Simian immunodeficiency viruses (SIVs) are retroviruses able to infect at least 45 species of African non-human primates. Virus strains from two of these primate species, SIVsmm in sooty mangabeys and SIVcpz in chimpanzees, are believed to have crossed the species barrier into humans, resulting in HIV-2 and HIV-1, respectively. The most likely route of transmission of HIV-1 to humans involves contact with the blood of chimps that are often hunted for bushmeat in Africa.