bovine, ovine, caprine sera, plasma
Bovine, Ovine, Caprine
This diagnostic kit is designed to detect IgM antibodies directed against the Rift Valley Fever (RVF) nucleoprotein (NP) in bovine, ovine and caprine serum or plasma.
This kit is an IgM Antibody Capture ELISA (MAC), a specific method for the detection IgM antibodies. The presence of IgM antibodies in the serum sample indicates recent infection.
Contents of Kit
1. Microplates coated with anti-bovine IgM antibody
2. Freeze-dried RVF Nucleoprotein (10x)
3. Reconstitution Buffer
4. Anti-RVF NP HRP conjugate (10x)
5. Positive Control
6. Negative Control
7. Dilution Buffer 11
8. Dilution Buffer 13
9. Dilution Buffer 18
10. Wash Concentrate (20X)
11. Substrate Solution
12. Stop Solution (0.5 M)
*Quantities supplied are indicated on the kit label.
1. The conjugate, the controls and the substrate solution must be stored at 5°C (± 3°C).
2. The other reagents can be stored between +2°C and +26°C.
3. Components bearing the same name (wash solution, dilution buffers) can be used for the entire IDvet product range.
Store the kit at 4°C upon receipt. For more detailed information, please download the following document on our website.
Wells are coated with anti-bovine-ovine-caprine IgM polyclonal antibodies.
Samples and controls are added in duplicate to adjacent even and odd-numbered wells. The IgM antibodies present in the sample bind to the coated anti-bovine-ovine-caprine IgM polyclonal antibodies.
Plates are washed and a RVF nucleoprotein is added to the even-numbered columns only (No RVF nucleoprotein is added to the odd-numbered columns). The RVF nucleoprotein fixes to the anti-RVF IgM antibodies present in the sample and captured on the plate.
After washing and elimination of excess RVF nucleoprotein, an anti-RVF NP monoclonal antibody conjugated to HRP is added. It fixes to the nucleoprotein previously captured on RVF IgM antibodies.
After washing and elimination of excess conjugate, the substrate solution (TMB) is added.
The resulting coloration depends on the quantity of specific antibodies present in the sample to be tested:
- in the presence of antibodies, a blue solution appears which becomes yellow after addition of the stop solution.
- in the absence of antibodies, no coloration appears.
The microplate is read at 450nm.