cell culture medium, citrate plasma, EDTA plasma, heparin plasma, serum
This is an ELISA (Enzyme Linked ImmunoSorbent Assay) kit for measurement of mouse C-peptide with high sensitivity using Sandwich assay principle.
Contents of Kit
1. Anti-C-peptide-coated plate: 96 wells (8 x 12)/1 plate
2. Standard mouse C-peptide solution (6000pg/mL): 500 μL/1 vial
3. Buffer solution: 60 mL/1 vial
4. Biotin-conjugated anti-C-peptide: 100 μL/1 vial
5. Peroxidase-conjugated streptavidin: 100 μL/1 vial
6. Chromogenic substrate reagent (TMB): 12 mL/1 bottle l
7. Reaction stopper (1M H2SO4): 12 mL/1 bottle
8. Concentrated washing buffer (10x): 100 mL/1 bottle
2-8°C, in a dark place. Do not freeze. Valid period is 6 months afterpreparation. Expiration date is shown on the label of the container.
Maximizing Kit Performance
1. Given the small sample volumes required (5 μL), pipetting should be done as carefully as possible. A high quality 10 μL or better precision pipette should be used for such volumes. Drops of liquid adhering to the outside of the pipette tips should be removed by wiping to ensure the highest degree of accuracy.
2. In order to prevent the microplate wells from drying out and to get the best results, samples and reagents should be dispensed quickly into the wells.
3. The wash procedure should be done thoroughly in order to minimize background readings.
4. Each calibrator and sample should be assayed in duplicate.
5. The same sequence of pipetting and other operations should be maintained in all procedures.
6. Do not mix reagents that have different lot numbers.
1. Within assay variation (2 samples, 8 fold assay) Average C.V. is 2.28%
2. Reproducibility (3 samples, triplicates assay, 4 days) C.V. is 0.07 ~ 3.46%
Assay range of the standard curve is 30-3000 pg/mL
According to the standard procedure where the samples are diluted 5 times, practical assay range is 150-15 000 pg/mL
C-peptide is formed from pro-insulin and co-secreted with insulin. Measuring the amount of c-peptide is useful as an index of insulin secretion. The Mouse C-Peptide ELISA kit is a simple, precise, and sensitive ELISA sandwich assay for mouse c-peptide.