serum, plasma, cell culture supernatants
Human, Rhesus Monkey, Rat, Mouse
The Endotoxin IgG ELISA kit is to be used for the in vitro quantitative determination of endotoxin-core antibodies in serum, plasma and cell culture supernatant.
The Endotoxin IgG ELISA kit can be used for different species, like human, rhesus monkey, rat and mouse. However, when using other samples than human, the standard and tracer have to be replaced by a pool plasma of the used species and the right corresponding HRP-labeled antibody.
This kit is intended for laboratory research use only and is not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures. The analysis should be performed by trained laboratory professionals.
Contents of Kit
1. Wash buffer 20x: 1 vial (30 mL), Colorless
2. Dilution buffer A 5x: 1 vial (20 mL), Green
3. Dilution buffer B 10x: 1 vial (10 mL), Green
4. Standard IgG: 2 vials, lyophilized, White
5. IgG conjugate: peroxidase-labeled 100x, 1 vial (0.120 mL), Colorless
6. TMB substrate: 1 vial (11 mL), Brown
7. Stop solution: 1 vial (22 mL), Red
8. 12 Microtiter strips: pre-coated, 1 plate
9. Certificate of Analysis: 1
10. Manual: 1
11. Data collection sheet: 2
1. Upon receipt, store individual components at 2 - 8°C. Do not freeze.
2. Do not use components beyond the expiration date printed on the kit label.
3. The standard in lyophilized form and the conjugate in concentrated solution are stable until the expiration date indicated on the kit label, if stored at 2 - 8°C.
4. The exact amount of each standard is indicated on the label of the vial and the Certificate of Analysis.
5. After reconstitution the standard is single use and cannot be stored.
6. The conjugate can only be stored in concentrated solution and is not stable when stored diluted.
7. Upon receipt, foil pouch around the plate should be vacuum-sealed and unpunctured. Any irregularities to aforementioned conditions may influence plate performance in the assay.
8. Return unused strips immediately to the foil pouch containing the desiccant pack and reseal along the entire edge of the zip-seal. Quality guaranteed for 1 month if stored at 2 - 8°C.
0.13 - 8 GMU/mL
The Endotoxin IgG ELISA has been developed for determination of endotoxin core antibodies in human plasma or serum in patients or healthy individuals. Several studies show a consistent drop in postoperative levels of circulating anti-endotoxin core antibodies compared to the preoperative value. This drop has been interpreted as consumption of antibodies to endotoxin by systemic release of endotoxin. A hypothesis is that if the patients pre-operative endotoxin-core level is low, even moderately low, patients may not be able to cope with the efflux of endotoxin, which may have mild to severe clinical consequences. The assay is of interest for various experimental conditions ranging from in vitro LPS neutralization by plasma components to in vivo studies on kinetics of antibodies to endotoxin in health and diseases.
The standard median-units IgG are arbitrary and are based on medians of ranges for 1000 healthy adults in a particular locality. It has not been established whether normal endotoxin-core antibody values vary by region, culture or race. Users should establish appropriate local statistical controls for their studies. It is advised that studies of any patient group should always be controled by studies of appropriately selected contrasting clinical groups and/or healthy individuals recruited locally.