This Enzyme Immunoassay kit is designed to detect a specific peptide and its related peptides based on the principle of "competitive" enzyme immunoassay.
1. Store the kit at 4°C upon receipt.
2. It is highly recommended that solutions be used as soon as possible after rehydration.
3. Store 1x assay buffer at 4°C.
4. Remove any unneeded strips from antibody-coated plate, reseal them in zip-lock foil and keep at 4°C.
5. Keep rehydrated solution of Standard, Biotinylated peptide, Antibody and SA-HRP at 4°C.
Intra-assay Precision (Precision within an assay): CV%<10%
Inter-assay Precision (Precision between assays): CV%<15%
ELABELA (ELA) is a novel hormone consisting of 32 amino acid peptides found in humans as well as other vertebrates and is considered to play an important role in the circulatory system through the apelin receptor (APJ). However, whether ELA also acts in the central nervous system remains unknown. ELA functions as an anorexigenic hormone in adult mouse brain. An intracerebroventricular injection of ELA reduces food intake and activates arginine vasopressin (AVP) and corticotropin-releasing hormone (CRH) neurons in the paraventricular nucleus (PVN), a hypothalamic region that regulates food intake. Cytosolic calcium ([Ca]i) measurement shows that ELA dose dependently increases [Ca]i in single AVP and CRH-immunoreactive neurons isolated from the PVN.